Parent Link Centre
The High River Parent Link Centre provides support and resources to parents, caregivers and their children aged zero to six years old. Parent Link Centres connect parents to parents, families to families, and parents to resources in their communities. All programs and services are FREE. Please feel free to come in, have a look around and visit with our staff.
The Parent Link Centre recognizes that support for parents is key to fostering optimal child development and therefore offers parent/child activities and parenting programs that provide support and information to families regarding positive parenting practices. Connecting through play is a guiding philosophy of Parent Link Centres.
The High River Parent Link Centre provides:
- Drop-in (Stay and Play)*
- Circle Time
- Children’s Crafts and Fun Learning Activities
- Parenting Programs (Triple P Positive Parenting Program. Email: [email protected])
- Resource Connections to Other Service Providers
- Information Workshops
- Developmental Screening (Ages & Stages Questionnaire)
- Other Programs for Parents and Children
- Family to Family Connections
* If you’re looking to have fun and play.. the Parent Link Centre is the best way!
|9 a.m. to 12 p.m.||9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (under 30 months)||9 a.m. to 12 p.m.||9 a.m. to 12 p.m.||9 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
|1 to 4 p.m.||1 to 4 p.m.||1 to 3 p.m.||—|
|4:30 to 7:30 p.m.||—||—||—||—|
The Parent Link Centre has drop-in Outreach Programs in these communities:
Mondays in Blackie
- Blackie United Church (301 Aberdeen St.): 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Mondays in Black Diamond
- Boys and Girls Club: 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Tuesdays in Claresholm
- The Station: (4925 1 Street West): 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 1 – 3 p.m.
Wednesdays in Nanton
- United Church: 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 1 – 3 p.m.
Wednesdays/Thursdays/Fridays in Okotoks
- Pason Arena (204 Community Way)
- Wednesdays: 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m. and 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- Fridays: 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:30 p.m.
The Parent Link Centre also offers the below, and other programs, throughout the year. Please see our monthly calendar at the top for program dates.
Little Chefs: Have fun preparing yummy snacks with your child as the head chef! Children will LOVE this culinary experience.
Busy Bees: Join us for a fun-filled hour of gross motor activities and games. Parent Link will transform itself to become a place where children can run, jump and play a variety of activities to increase their motor skills and activity levels.
Movin’ & Groovin’: This parent and child program introduces music and rhythm through songs, games, instruments and fingerplays.
Lil’ Wigglers: This group was designed specifically for little ones under 30 months and their parents. This group meets every Wednesday and participates in special activities made just for them.
I am Three…Explore with me: Please join us in an ASQ celebration event. Play – with crafts and games. Grow – an opportunity to discuss your child’s development. Connect – with community resources. Shine – and have fun!. This is a FREE event for parents of 3 year olds!
Grow and Learn Walk in Clinics: Do you have questions about how your child speaks, hears, colours, draws or cuts? Or how your child reacts to noises, clothing, food, textures or messy hand play?Click below to learn about walk in clinics in:
Triple P Positive Parenting Program: Strengthen your knowledge, skills and confidence to become an even more effective parent. Triple P offers parents practical easy to use information and support from simple tip sheets and individual advice to group discussions. Visit the Triple P website>>