The Town of High River Culture Centre, located at 251 – 9 Avenue S.W. serves as a venue for a variety of programs, activities, and special events.
The studio space, along with the fenced in court-yard, is available for rent. The studio space may be a potential venue for small family reunions, weddings, anniversaries, office parties, showers, etc.
- 900 square feet of newly renovated space
- Coffee bar with full size fridge and beverage cooler
- Meeting space complete with boardroom table, smartboard, projector and whiteboards
- Fenced courtyard with picnic tables and firepits
- 10 foldable tables
- 72 stackable chairs
- 4 bar height foldable tables
Capacity (or maximum occupant load) is:
- 150 Standing Space
- 75 with Liquor served
- 125 with non fixed seats
- 100 with non fixed seats and tables
CULTURE CENTRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Okay, the “Terms and Conditions” are a little formal and serious, however we promise it’s worth it! Making sure we have all the bases covered now means that you can have a GREAT time later…
- Security/Damage Deposit
A security/damage deposit of $50.00 is due at the time of booking. The remaining balance will be due prior to the event. If the event is cancelled 2 or less days prior to the scheduled booking, a $50.00 holding fee will be charged.
The Deposit will be refunded approximately seven (7) days after the event, providing that the Culture Centre has been properly cleaned, fob returned, no damage to the facility has occurred and the terms and conditions contained in this agreement have been met. A Town representative will determine the amount of any loss, damage or cost to the town property.
The Renter agrees to remove all personal belongings and place garbage in the outdoor containers. The Deposit may be used to pay for additional labor to complete clean-ups. If Town staff personnel are called in for any reason beyond office hours then wages may be deducted from the Deposit. Any and all damages done to the Culture Centre, grounds, or contents will be repaired or replaced and deducted from the Deposit. If the Deposit is insufficient to cover expenses and a mutual agreement cannot be reached, then legal action may be taken. It is advisable to do a walk through with a Town staff person before taking possession.
- Non-Smoking Facility
Smoking is not permitted in any Town of High River facility or public property pursuant to the Town Bylaw No. 4057/2003. Violation of this bylaw will result in the forfeit of the Security Deposit and rental fees and immediate termination of the rental.
- Noise Control
As per the Town Noise Bylaw No. 3348/81, the renter is restricted in activities “which give rise to unnecessary noise in the Town, especially during hours normally for sleeping”, You may be asked to vacate the Culture Centre and forfeit your rental and/or Deposit by making “any noise which annoys, disturbs, injures, endangers or detracts from the comfort, repose, health, peace or safety of persons within the limits of the Town”.
- Access: Fobs
The Renter will be provided access to the Culture Centre by receiving a fob from the Town’s Community Support Services. Lending of the fob is prohibited. It is the Renter’s responsibility to ensure the Culture Centre is secured before it is left (clear instructions are on the door). The fob can be left in the mailbox located inside the main doors. Fob must be returned before the Deposit is refunded.
The Renter shall be responsible for the picking up of the fob from the Culture Centre or the FCSS Resource Centre on the last regular business day before the event. The Renter is responsible for locking up the Culture Centre after the rental.
- Rental Times
Rental times shall be strictly enforced. An hourly rate of $30 will be levied against the Renter for using any part of an hour in excess of the time rented as per the rental contract. These additional fees will be retained from the Renter’s Deposit.
- Additional Information
Please note the following regarding use of the Culture Centre:
- Decorations can be placed on tables or stood up on the floors, NOT on the walls or lighting fixtures. Free standing decorations are recommended. Please do not use pins or tape on walls or light fixtures.
- Confetti (or any type) is not permitted.
- Please supply your own dishes, cutlery, glasses, cooking accessories, tea towels and dishcloths as needed.
Supplies and equipment which are used or brought into the Culture Centre are the responsibility of the Renter(s) stated. Renters are advised to carry their own insurance to cover their possessions, supplies, etc. The Town, its employees and or anyone else acting on behalf of the Town are not liable for any loss or damage of these supplies or equipment whether due to negligence, theft, vandalism, or any damage caused by fault in the building.
After each rental of the Culture Centre, we ask that the following terms be met:
- The room set up is returned to its original state (see photos in the storage room as a guide)
- Furniture from Storage Room: All chairs must be stacked properly, tables must be wiped, taken down and put back in the appropriate place.
- Floors must be swept. If spills occur, they must be mopped up.
- If the Coffee Bar area is used, please ensure that the sink, counters, coffee pots, etc. are cleaned and/or turned off.
- Remove all leftovers from the fridge and freezer and take them with you.
- Garbage must be taken out to the provided dumpster (located on the east side of the building).
- Upon leaving the Culture Centre, please ensure that all lights are turned off and all outside doors are closed and locked. If there is a reason for a Town employee to come and lock the doors after your function, there will be a $20 charge.
For after hour emergencies, please contact the Town Community Services at 403-652-4041.
- Signing Authority
Person(s) signing the contract must be 18 years of age or over and shall assume full responsibility for the function or program. If the booking is for an organization, including non-profits, the individual shall have signing authority for the organization. The Renter shall maintain order within their group and provide proper supervision during the rental period. The Renter, on behalf of the group, shall assume responsibility for any loss or damage.
- Permit & Licenses
It is the responsibility of the Renter to obtain all necessary permits and licenses and to adhere to the requirements of those permits and licenses.
The Renter shall be at liberty to terminate this rental agreement for any reason with notice (must have received confirmation from Town staff regarding awareness of cancellation) of 5 or more days. Upon receipt of the 5 days’ notice of cancellation, the Town shall reimburse the rental fee, minus a $20 administrative fee. Should the Renter fail to provide 5 days’ notice of cancellation, Town Community Services may retain or charge the entire facility rental fee. The Town shall be at liberty to terminate this rental agreement for any extenuating circumstance. Notice of cancellation in writing will be supplied to the Renter.
- Casual use: The Renter shall indemnify and save harmless the Town from and against all claims, demands, losses, costs, damages, actions, suits or proceedings arising out of, or in any way relating to the rental of the Culture Centre under this agreement. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, the Renter shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the Culture Centre or equipment, howsoever caused arising out of the rental of the Culture Centre under this agreement.
- Continuous use: The Renter shall obtain and keep in force for the term of this agreement such insurance with such coverage as may be necessary to enable the Renter to carry out the Renter’s obligations to the Town of High River under this agreement. The Renter shall provide the Town with a Certificate of Insurance, in a form acceptable to the Town, prior to the occupation or use of the Culture Centre by the Renter.
The Town does not provide the Renter with any liability or personal injury insurance. The Town strongly recommends that for incidental use that the Renter carry their own insurance policy with a minimum of $2,000,000 (two million dollars) liability coverage per occurrence and have signed waivers or consent forms.
- Consumption and Serving of Alcohol
Any activity held at the Culture Centre where liquor is served:
- Requires that the Renter procure, post, and provide a copy of the Liquor License to the Town prior to the event booking.
- Requires that the Renter shall obtain host liquor liability insurance for the duration of the Rental Period and provide proof of insurance in the form of a certificate of insurance with the Town listed as “Additional Insured.”
Management reserves the right to evict, cause to be removed and refuse further bookings to persons or groups misbehaving, causing a nuisance, causing willful damage or ignoring the terms of the rental.
Users are liable for any damage caused to private property adjacent to the facility as listed on the contract. This Rental Agreement does not extend any rights for entry to private property; entering private property is trespassing and is prohibited
There, that’s it. We hope you enjoy the Culture Centre!
- $30 / hour
- $300 / day (anything 10 hours and over)
- Community Use* $20 / hour OR Volunteer Time Bank (hour for hour)
*Community Use rate is applicable upon request to non-profit organizations, clubs, committees or collectives comprised of 3 or more persons who are organized around a community benefit activity. The group must be based in High River and have non-profit objectives. The Community Use fee may be offset by volunteer contribution to Culture Centre’s maintenance, improvement projects and/or cleanup. Contact the Town’s Community Development Coach within the Community Support Services Division. Note that this community use offset is being piloted for 2017/18 and is subject to change.