The Highwood Cemetery is located off of 5 St SE across from Senator Riley School. For more information on the Cemetery please contact The Town of High River Main Office.
- The Town of High River has historical records of the cemetery available for viewing at the Town office or they can be searched online.
- Arrangements can be made through the Town of High River to purchase plots; the only available plots are in the new section as the old section of the cemetery is full.
- The Town does Not Permit double depth plots.
The columbarium was built and is maintained by Snodgrass Funeral Home. It contains urns above ground as opposed to burying.
The original infant section is full; available plots are in the new (round) section.
Disinterment shall only take place at times pre-arranged by the Town of High River. Disinterment of a body shall not take place until a permit, signed by the Department of Vital Statistics, is presented to the Town of High River.
Field of Honour
The Field of Honour is for the burial of service and ex-service men and women of the Armed Forces. Please contact the Town of High River or the Last Post Fund for further information.
Trees can be purchased as a memorial and planted at several parks within High River. For details about the types of trees that can be ordered, locations and fees, click here.
Cemetery Rates (as of January 2018)
- Full Rates – $970 (size 4′ x 8′)
- Cremation – $320 (size 2′ x 2′)
- Full – $650
- Cremation – $250
Additional fees (if applicable)
- Winter Months – $160 (October to April)
- Weekends – $525 (Saturdays, Sunday & Holidays)
Above rates are all subject to GST
Snodgrass Funeral Home
P: 403.652.2222 Fax: 403.652.7292
Lyle Reeves Funerals Inc.
Last Post Fund (Field of Honor)