30x30Facebook icon 30x30Twitter square 30x30Youtube-logo-02  

Water & Utility Services

Water/Sewer/Garbage service: 403.652.4657 | Billing: 403.652.2110

Billing for water/sewer/garbage is administered through the Corporate Services Department at 403-652-2110.

Please note that many of the Town of High River's services can be viewed and bill payments made online through eServices.
Click here and register to receive your utility bills via email. 


Connecting/Disconnecting Services

To inquire about connecting or disconnecting water, sewer, or garbage services call the Town Office at 403-652-2110. Please call at least two weeks prior to connection/disconnection as the meters are only read on the 15th and end of each month.

Water, sewer, and garbage infrastructure is maintained by the Town’s Operations Department. 

  • For water & sewer service questions call 403-652-4657
  • For garbage collection queries call 403-652-4657
  • If you need a water meter or suspect a problem with your current meter call 403-652-4657

The Town of High River DOES NOT invoice renters of property, as per Bylaw #3810/95.


Water meter replacement program

The town-wide water meter exchange program nears completion as more than 9 per cent of water meters have been replaced. 

The complete replacement of all meters was necessary due to the large number that were damaged in the 2013 flood. As a result, the Town of High River has been estimating water consumption over the last two years in order to calculate utility bills.

Now that the majority of water meter installations are complete, residents will begin to see actual consumption rates appearing on their utility bills. When looking at the new utility bill there are several important factors to keep in mind:

  • Water consumption will be listed in cubic metres instead of gallons.
  • As consumption rates were estimated over the last two years, some residents may see increases in their consumption due to their actual usage rates now being reflected.
  • Utility bills are sent bi-monthly. This means that the consumption shown on the bill reflects two months of usage.
  • Along with replacing damaged meters, the water meter exchange program is an opportunity for the Town to replace outdated meter reading equipment with an automated meter reading system. This upgraded technology will allow the Town to read water meters without entering a yard, home or business. It will also create operational efficiencies within the utility system.


High River's Utility Rates

Click here to view High River's residential and non-residential utility rates.

Change of Address

If you are moving from your current residence or moving to High River please fill out a change of address form.  Once this form is submitted the Town of High River can process a final utilities bill for the previous owner and set the new owner up with a new account.

pdf-iconChange of Address Form

Please remember to cancel any pre-authorized payments you may have set up for taxes and utilities as these are attached specifically to the property and will not follow your account with the Town of High River.

pdf-iconPre-authorized Change Form

Town Office

309B MacLeod Trail SW
High River, AB   T1V 1Z5

Phone: 403.652.2110
Fax: 403.652.2396

Bob Snodgrass
Recreation Complex

24hr Info: 403.652.4041
Inquiries: 403.652.4042 

Phone: 403.652.8620
Parent Link Centre

Phone: 403.652.8633

Economic Development

Phone: 403.652.4657
Operations Emergency Numbers
Roads: 403.601.1258
Water & Sewer: 403.652.6353


Bylaw Services
Phone: 403.601.8696
Fire Department
Phone: 403.652.3774
Phone: 403.652.2357
Emergencies: 403.652.2356
Emergency Management
Phone: 403.652.6960