FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2017
HIGH RIVER, AB: An updated Town of High River strategic plan was approved by council at the Monday, Feb. 13 regular meeting and includes targets and priorities for administration to focus on for the remainder of 2017.
The updated plan continues to build on council’s strategic priorities that were identified after several months of planning and visioning sessions held in early 2015. The four major priorities are:
· A people first community – people want to live, work, play and invest in High River.
· Safety and security – Confidence to live or invest in High River.
· Sustainable economic growth – Attract people and sustainable industry to High River.
· Financial strength – Stable and competitive taxation and fees.
For each priority, council has established long term goals, measurements of success and targets. Some of the key targets for 2017 include:
· Develop recreation complex sustainability strategy.
· Complete flood mitigation projects.
· Increase downtown vitality and drive commercial growth.
· Expand and grow asset management program.